Live online roulette UK offers you the chance to play this popular table game in casinos, without going to casinos. Thanks to the technology, we can connect to live broadcasts with any device that has an internet connection, and live dealer games work exactly like that. Grab your mobile phone or start your PC, and find a live roulette game to join – it is that easy. Live casino games are more popular in the United Kingdom than ever: they let you live the authentic casino experience without leaving the comfort of your home. And if you are wondering which casinos offer this service, we got you covered: below, you can find a list of best live roulette casinos in the UK and a couple of tips about this game.
Live Dealer Casino Games
But before we start playing live dealer roulette, we should take a look at the main variants of this game. This is because of a simple reason: your odds (and the house edge) are different at each variant, and some roulette games are better than others.
- American Roulette. This variant contains 38 numbers on the wheel, instead of the usual 37. The difference is due to the double zeros – in other words, the odds of the casino are slightly higher. American layout contains the higher house edge rate: 5.26%.
- European Roulette. The classic variant of the game. It is quite common, and the wheel contains 37 numbers in total, which means there is only one “0”. The house edge of this variant is 2.70%. So your odds are nearly doubled when compared to American roulette.
- French Roulette. Same as the European roulette, but contains additional rules named “en prison” and “la partage”. These rules heavily favor the players, and for example, refund half of their wages even if they lose. For this reason, the French layout has the lowest house edge: 1.35%.
How to Play Live Roulette Online?
Playing live online roulette is not that hard – you just need to find the right casino site and know the rules. The betting options you can use are placed on the roulette table. To summarize, you can place a bet on a single number, a range of numbers, whether the outcome will be red/black or odd/even. All of these options have different payout rates. First, let’s see how you can play live roulette against a real dealer, step by step:
- Find an online casino that offers you live online roulette games. Don’t forget that not all online casinos are the same and, more importantly, this should be a casino site for the UK players, in order to play live roulette on the British casinos. Refer to the last section of this guide to get some recommendations.
- Find a live roulette game on that casino site. Open the “live casino” section and pick a game. We already listed the variants you can play – start with European roulette, if possible. It offers the easiest rules and a good RTP rate.
- Place your bets. You will be joining a live broadcast, but the rules of roulette are still the same. Outside bets (odd/even, red/black, low/high) offer the best winning odds, which is 48.64%. This percentage is much lower for inside bets (single, split, street, corner, line). You will have approximately 60 seconds to place your bets.
- Watch the wheel, play again. The croupier will spin the wheel after all bets are placed. If you win, you will be paid according to the paytable – outside bets pay 1:1. Keep placing your bets, and you will start winning in no time!
Mobile Live Roulette
Mobile live roulette casino games offer you the chance to join live broadcasts from your mobile device (mobile phone, tablet PC, etc.). You don’t need to install any app to do this: clicking the “play” button from a mobile browser will be enough. It is just like making a video call, but this time, you are placing bets instead of talking! Moreover, mobile live roulette games will offer you several advantages, such as:
- Play anywhere and anytime. You don’t need a desktop PC: Mobile devices are always with you, and you can use them to play live roulette anytime you want.
- There will be more bonuses. Online casinos offer increased match rates and more bonuses to mobile players.
- It will be a unique experience. Playing roulette with your fingers instead of a mouse is a truly unique and immersive experience.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Playing Live Roulette
Let’s face it: Brick-and-mortar casinos offer a very different experience than online casinos, and playing against a “computer” is not as fun as playing against a real dealer. Well, online casino live roulette games offer the best of both worlds: they give you the chance to visit a “real” casino without leaving the comfort of your own home. You can play with other gamblers, and against real people – this is the biggest advantage of live online roulette games. The only disadvantage is that these games cannot be played free-of-charge: You can only play them with real money.
- Interact with other players and the dealer;
- Play anywhere and anytime you want;
- Lots of variants to choose from;
- More bonuses;
- VIP tables offer higher limits.
- Free gameplay is not available;
- Slower gameplay when compared to regular online roulette games.
Best Live Online Casinos & Our Criteria
Finding the best casino sites to play live roulette online is not an easy job. This is especially true for UK players because they need to pay attention to some additional factors. Making the right decision will give you a better gambling experience. Moreover, you will be able to benefit from lots of bonuses. In this regard, you should look for the following while picking live roulette UK casinos:
- UKGC License. All United Kingdom casino sites must be licensed from the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. Online casinos without a UKGC license cannot accept British members.
- Bonuses. The casino site must be offering specific bonuses for live roulette games. In addition, the wagering rates of these bonuses mıst be as low as possible.
Providers. High-quality providers will allow you to play high-quality live roulette games, it is as simple as that. We recommend picking casino sites that work with reputable providers, such as Evolution Gaming and Netent Live.